The Mamboniks

A repository for articles and artifacts regarding the intriguing history of Jews in Latin music.

THE MAMBONIKS began in 2001 as research for a book that remains unpublished. I hope that sharing my interviews and materials will help broaden the understanding of this unique moment in Jewish cultural history.

All material copyright Mark Schwartz, 2006

5/9/10

Meanwhile, Back at the Park Plaza....

It may look like this blog is dead, but it's just resting. In the intervening couple of years, I have been helping veteran rumbero and world traveler Vincent Livelli present his memories of Latin Music to the world. Check out www.salsalivelli.blogspot.com. Que viva Chango...

1 Comments:

Blogger John-Paul DeRosa said...

Dear Mr. Schwartz: I know Vincent well from my childhood. My great aunt Eleanor Britton, I believe, got him into the cruise business. I am writing a book about her life and would like to contact Vincent. I will try the number on the blog tomorrow, but if you have an email address for him, I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Sincerely, John-Paul DeRosa jderosa31@yahoo.com

August 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home